Sunday Seven: The Week's 7 Most Popular Articles, Vol. 2
Every Sunday we post the Sunday Seven - a recap of the week's seven most popular articles. So if you're short on time, make sure to check for the Sunday Seven each weekend to get the low-down on the best stuff on BreakingMuscle.com.
This week's articles cover every topic from CrossFit, to endurance cycling, to Olympic-style lifting, to chocolate. Sounds like a good week to me!
1. What the 2012 CrossFit Workouts Have Meant to the Everyday Athlete (Danette “Dizzle” Rivera)
What has the CrossFit Games Open meant to the rest of us? The non-elite? What about someone like me whose history of Rx’ing workouts is not long and still inconsistent?
2. Over 30 and Still Training: Advice For Adult CrossFitters and Grapplers (Traver Boehm)
Training takes a little bit more thought when you're balancing it against work and a family life. Here's some advice on how to stay on the mat and in the gym as you do both.
3. 6 Ways You’re Stopping Yourself From Building Muscle (Dr. Dozie Onunkwo)
You work hard at the gym, so it's important to know the most common mistakes made during any training program when it comes to building muscle. Don't waste your hard work!
4. The PanAms: One of the Big Ones (BJJ Tournaments, That Is) (Valerie Worthington)
You can find a BJJ tournament any time of year, but there are some events that draw lots of big names and big action. The event scheduled the end of this month in Irvine, CA, is one such tournament.
5. Are You Geeky Enough to Be a Weightlifter? (Nick Horton)
We've been led to believe the best qualities of geeks and the best qualities of jocks are diametrically opposed. That's B.S. The best Olympic lifters are equal parts geek AND jock.
After not cycling in 4 years, I decided to sign up for a 1,000km ride with only 3 months to train. I made some mistakes and learned a lot. There were good days and bad. But overall, it was amazing.
7. Product Review: Choclatl Empower Bar and Puma Bites (Becca Borawski)
If you are looking for a satisfying, paleo-friendly and/or vegan-friendly, sweet tooth experience you can feel good about buying and eating, Chocolatl is it.