40 Days of Clean Eating: Homemade Tomato Sauce
Day 28 of 40
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 45 min
- 10 pounds tomatoes, cored and quartered (this does not need to be exact, just fill up your stock pot nearly to the top)
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 1 head of garlic, cloves peeled
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Place all ingredients in a large (approximately 8 quart) stockpot.
- Stirring occasionally, cook on medium heat until garlic and onions are softened and sauce has reduced about 45 minutes.
- Pureé with a stick blender until smooth.
- Pour finished sauce into canning jars and seal or pour into freezer-proof containers to freeze the sauce.
If you're daring, add an habañero or other spicy pepper to the mix for a slightly spiced sauce.
Sauce can be canned or frozen.
Make breakfast satisfying and delicious:
Topic: Healthy Eating