40 Days of Clean Eating: Mediterranean Spaghetti Squash Bake
Day 17 of 40
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 1 roasted spaghetti squash
- 12 oz grilled chicken breast, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 5 oz fresh spinach, chopped (about 4 cups)
- 5-6 artichoke hearts, finely chopped
- 30 kalamata olives, sliced in half
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup ricotta
- 1 cup Italian cheese blend (like parmesan, romano, manchego, mozzarella, provolone)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon marjoram
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional - if you're using salty cheeses with the kalamatas, you may not need any additional salt)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Shred the insides of a roasted spaghetti squash and place in a bowl with the diced grilled chicken.
- In a large frying pan, heat the butter or olive oil.
- Sauté onion, garlic, and spinach until the spinach is wilted and bright green.
- Add spinach mixture to the squash and grilled chicken.
- Add remaining ingredients to the bowl and stir until completely combined.
- Scoop into a baking dish and top with additional cheese if desired.
- Bake 30 minutes until all is heated through.
- Serve hot.
Another squash recipe that the family will love:
Topic: Healthy Eating