Recovery Fuel: Healing Ginger, Mushroom, and Chicken Soup
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 4-5 hours
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 inch piece fresh ginger, sliced
- 1 inch piece fresh turmeric, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 whole organic free range chicken
- 1 1/2 cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced in half
- ½ cup of baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 potato, quartered
- 1 cup zucchini, halved
- 2 medium carrots, halved
- Fresh parsley to garnish
- Pink salt and black pepper to taste
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken. Add it to the slow cooker and sprinkle with salt and pepper (inside the cavity and outside).
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Add pink salt and black pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fresh parsley before serving.
More soup to fuel your body and soul:
Topic: Healthy Eating