3 Simple Ways to Heal a Stiff, Sore, or Injured Neck - Page 2
C. Acupressure Point for Stiff Neck
Luo Zhen is the name of an acupuncture/acupressure point used specifically for a stiff neck. The point is found on the back of the hand in between the two bones in the depression just past the knuckles of the pointer and middle finger.
How to use Luo Zhen to treat a stiff neck:
- Massage the point on the opposite side of the body from the neck pain. If the right side of your neck hurts, massage the point on your left hand. You will need to massage this point by pressing into it with the tip of your finger, and make sure to use enough pressure to feel slight tenderness at the point.
- Maintain that pressure while making very small circles with your pressing finger.
- At the same time as you are stimulating the acupressure point, exercise the neck by rotating your head side to side. You should slowly begin to notice a slight increase in your range of motion while experiencing a decrease in pain.
I tried using the acupuncture point Luo Zhen for several minutes while she exercised her neck. To my surprise, there was no result or improvement at all.
Rather than give up, I decided to try again. This time I worked on the point for more than ten minutes and then rechecked. She had a very slight increase in her range of motion. After forty minutes of treatment we had the full mobility of her neck restored and no pain.
Patience and Persistence Are Important When Treating Neck Pain
I’m not telling this story to say that everyone is going to have these types of miraculous results with this or any of the other techniques. What I want to point out is sometimes it will take some patience and the ability to acknowledge even a small amount of progress in order to fully restore one's health. Had I just given up after my first attempt, the treatment may not of had any benefit at all.
Check out these articles for more on neck pain relief and prevention:
- 3 Quick and Simple Ways to Relieve Neck Pain or Stiffness
- 9 More Articles to Help an Injured, Stiff, or Painful Neck
- Use Your Head to Save Your Neck: 4 Ways You're Causing Neck Injury
- Explore Breaking Muscle - Go to the Home Page
Do you have a sore neck? Give one of these treatments a try and post your results to the comments below.