Strength and Conditioning Components for Elite Snowboarders
Snowboarding has become an exceedingly popular sport in the last 20 years. For many snowboarders, training in the off season and working out in a gym isn't a common practice.
With the popularity of elite snowboarding and the Winter Olympics, top snowboarders are now training as professional athletes. The need for specialized, off-hill strength and conditioning is essential for extreme sports including snowboarding.
What Are The Physical Demands of Half-pipe?
What Does It Takes To Program Training For Snowboard Half-pipe?
Strength And Conditioning Training Points For Snowboarders
- Joint mobility and range of motion work in all of the major joints.
- High intensity muscular endurance training.
- Core strength and smooth coordinated body movement.
- Maximal strength training including high load eccentric power work.
- Gymnastics skills including flexibility, stability, balance, trunk rotation and extension, and hip and trunk flexibility.
- Off-season dry land training including plyometric exercises, springboard diving, large and mini-trampoline training, and foam-pit work.