Sunday Seven: The Week's 7 Most Popular Articles, Vol. 15
Every Sunday we post the "Sunday Seven" so you can quickly see the 7 most popular articles of the week. This week's most popular articles feature some great endurance training tips, Grace van der Byl and the 8 Bridges Hudson River Swim, CSAs, babies, the kettlebell clean, and more!
1. Easy Endurance: Using the Magic 180 Rule (Andrew Read)
Training aerobically based on heart rate might be old school, but so many people have done it for a reason - it works. Let me explain why your aerobic system is so important and how to train it.
2. 8 Bridges, 120 Miles of Swimming, and 1 Determined Woman: Grace van der Byl (Hannah Caldas)
Can you imagine swimming 120 miles in 7 days? Grace van der Byl can. On June 25 she begins the 8 Bridges Hudson River Swim. Find out who she is and how she trains and eats in preparation.
3. An Argument For the Kettlebell Clean (Andrew Read)
We hear so much about the kettlebell swing and the eye-catching get up, but what about the kettlebell clean? Turns out it's a fantastic movement for athletes of just about any sport.
I want you to work smarter, and having a program that adjusts by design - like how a coach would adjust you if you had one - can go a long way toward increasing your rate of progress.
5. Primal Origins - What Babies Can Teach Us About Movement (Nicole Crawford)
Forget your personal trainer. If you want to observe the basics of human movement, go play with a baby for a couple hours. You might learn a thing or two.
6. CSAs: Buying into the Community of Food (Danette "Dizzle" Rivera)
You may know "CSAs" as those boxes of produce people pick up at the farmer's market. Do you know how they evolved and how they can help your relationship to and the quality of your food?
7. Athlete Journal: Charles Staley, Entry 1 - New Cycle (Charles Staley)
Ever wonder how a world-class coach actually trains? Welcome to the athlete journal of Charles Staley. Now every Friday you can read what Charles has done in his workout sessions for the week.