Sunday Seven: The Week's 7 Most Popular Articles, Vol. 31
Every Sunday we post the "Sunday Seven" so you can quickly see the 7 most popular articles of the week. This week's popular articles feature Holley Mangold, diastasis recti, muscle up tips from Dusty Hyland, functional training, and more!
1. Athlete Journal: Holley Mangold, Entry 16 - Recovering From Surgery (Holley Mangold)
Holley is back to keeping a journal here at Breaking Muscle! To start off, though, she's going to tell us about her wrist injury, how surgery went, and how she's training during the months of rehab.
2. Can Your Abs Split in Two? 5 Important Facts About Diastasis Recti (Nicole Crawford)
Diastasis recti can happen to anyone, from newborn babies to athletes with six-pack abs. Here are 5 facts that everyone should know about abdominal separation, pregnant or not.
3. Virtuosity with Dusty Hyland - Gymnastics, Vol. 3: Tight Arch (Dusty Hyland)
On our way to a muscle up, this week's focus is a "tight arch" - not that sloppy thing you call a superman, but a clean movement requiring strength, mobility, and coordination.
4. Getting Outside the Box: The Definition of Functional Strength (Katie Chasey)
What is strength? Not strength like science or weightlifting defines it, but strength for you in your everyday life? Let's look at the idea of functional strength and what it really, truly is.
5. 8 Things Dogs Can Teach Us About Health Fitness (Valerie Worthington)
What can a dog teach you about your own athletics and health? Here are 8 ways we can learn from dogs, including how to identify you rabbit poop and pursue it with abandon.
6. Spectacle and Sport: The Tough and Wildly Awesome Sport of Roller Derby (Danette "Dizzle" Rivera)
As a little girl I dreamed of growing up to be like Raquel Welch in "Kansas City Bombers," but these days roller derby is a legit sport full of tough, dedicated, but still sassy athletes.
7. Sandbag Drills: Instability Builds Balance and Strength (Josh Henkin)
The sandbag isn't just something to throw on your shoulder and run with, it's a unique tool in developing stability, balance, and core strength. Read on to find out the best exercises you're missing.