Sunday Seven: The Week's 7 Most Popular Articles, Vol. 36
Every Sunday we post the "Sunday Seven" so you can quickly see the 7 most popular articles of the week. This week's hot topics: women and intermittent fasting, how to not measure your fitness, chiropractic, adolescents and weight lifting, and more!
1. Train Like a Man, But Eat Like a Woman! (Lauren Brooks)
Intermittent fasting might be all the rage, but it's just bad news for women. I talked to a number of female fitness experts and they all agreed - IF is not for women.
2. I Am Not My Deadlift, and Other Ways I Don't Measure My Fitness (Danette "Dizzle" Rivera)
I am not my deadlift. I am not my front squat. I am not my body weight or my body fat. These things are just measurements and they do not define my worth, or anyone else's.
3. How to Choose the Right Chiropractor For You (Lindsey Mathews)
There are as many different kinds of chiropractors as there are any other type of health practitioners. Here's a little bit more about them and how you can choose the right one for you.
4. It Will NOT Stunt Growth: Strength Programming For the Adolescent Athlete (Mike Tromello)
There are safe and healthy ways to train teenagers with weights. Strength training can actually be good for developing their muscular and neurological systems. Here's the right way to do it.
5. Is That Excellence I Smell? We Need the Funk, Gotta Have That Funk (Valerie Worthington)
I’ve decided excellence has a smell - and at times, the smell of excellence could stop a mastodon in its tracks. I've recently redefined my relationship to the smell of my teammates, and myself.
6. Why CrossFit and BJJ Should Never Be in the Olympics (Andrew Read)
BJJ and CrossFit should just stay away from the Olympics - for their own good. Here's why the sports wouldn't be good at the Olympics, and the Olympics wouldn't be good for them either.
So you’ve read "Run Like a Mother" and are ready to start training for your first race. If you want to take your ‘mother running’ to the next level, then "Train Like a Mother" is the book for you.