Sunday Seven: The Week's 7 Most Popular Articles, Vol. 4
Every Sunday we post the "Sunday Seven" so you can quickly see the seven most popular articles of the week. This week's top articles cover injury and recovery in BJJ and CrossFit, coaching/training tips, Athlete Journals, and YogaToes!
1. Preventing Common BJJ and CrossFit Injuries (Traver Boehm)
BJJ practitioners and CrossFitters both want to spend as much time training as possible. Preventing low back and neck injuries is a huge part of this equation!
2. Gymhacker: 5 Steps to Learn a New Exercise Faster Than Anyone Else (Jon Goodman)
Jon Goodman of the Personal Trainer Development Center gives 5 simple steps to hack your gym workout - workout more efficiently and get better results than anyone else you know.
3. 6 Reasons Why Coaching Kids Makes You a Better Coach (Becca Borawski)
Having been a kids coach I can safely say the experience had a profound effect on my coaching of clients of any age. Coaching kids makes you a better coach overall and here's why.
4. Athlete Journal: Julie Warren: Why Would You Do That? (Julie Warren)
Our newest Athlete Journal - Julie Warren, ultra-endurance athlete. Ever think to yourself, "Why do they DO that?" Julie gives us her answer in her first entry and it's not quite what you think.
5. CrossFit Wannabe - One Mom’s Fitness Dilemmas and Their Simple Solutions (Nicole Crawford)
As a mom on the hunt for something to keep me physically fit, I've found myself becoming a CrossFit wannabe. But is it right for me? I took a good hard look at my time, money and EXCUSES.
6. Product Review: YogaToes (Becca Borawski)
They might look a little crazy, but YogaToes actually provide a very gratifying experience for your feet! Let your toes free from your shoes and give them a little yoga.
7. Athlete Journal Entry 3: Competus Interruptus and Second Chances (Valerie Worthington)
Here's a recap of my PanAms experience, and an explanation of "competus interruptus," as well as what's in store for me soon in Abu Dhabi!