Welcome to our brand-new series featuring calisthenics expert Al Kavaldo. This week, Al demonstrates a difficult gymnastic hold – the clutch lever. For those of you wondering exactly what a clutch lever is, it is a hybrid between a clutch flag and a front lever.Here's how it's done:
- Approach a vertical pole.
- Grasp it tightly with one hand.
- Reach the other arm behind your back.
- Grab the pole just outside your hip.
- Squeeze everything you've got.
- Lean back, leveraging your bodyweight off your arm.
This one is impressive. Let us know how you get on with it!
Every Sunday, we feature a new bodyweight strength training video from calisthenics expert Al Kavadlo. Al is also famous for smiling while performing some of the most difficult bodyweight exercises imaginable!