Lean and Tasty Homemade Burgers (Without the Fillers)
No matter the time of year, everyone loves a burger. The problem is, most so-called lean burgers have little flavour. This recipe will show you how easy an awesome tasting burger can be without horrible filler ingredients or sugary sauces.
Here are five reasons why you should try this burger recipe:
- It’s easy to make - You can get the ingredients from any supermarket
- It’s high in protein
- It’s healthy – There are no fillers or excess fat
- It’s freezer friendly
- It tastes awesome
Lean and Tasty Burgers
1 Big Burger:
Calories – 176kcal / Carbs: 7g / Fat: 8g / Protein: 23g
- 100g 5% beef mince
- 50g mushrooms
- 40g red onion
- 10g spring onion
- 1/2 tsp turmeric (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp mustard power (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp ground garlic (or to taste)
- 1 tsp chili power (or to taste)
- 1 tsp paprika (or to taste)
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1-2 tsp fresh thyme (or to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Finely chop the red onion, mushroom, and spring onions.
- Add beef mince to a bowl with finely chopped red onion, mushroom, and spring onions.
- Add turmeric, cumin, mustard, garlic, chilli, paprika, soy sauce, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Mix ingredients together with your hands.
- Make one or two burgers by pressing the mix in your hands until it forms a burger shape.
- Preheat frying pan and add 1 tsp of coconut oil.
- Add your burger(s) to frying pan on a medium heat.
- Cook for one or two minutes each side for up to eight minutes or until cooked.
- Serve with a gluten-free bun (or a normal bun) plus tomatoes, basil leaves, salad leaves, mozzarella, and a sliced gherkin.
More Like This: