Sunday Seven: The Week's 7 Most Popular Articles, Vol. 47
Every Sunday we post the "Sunday Seven" so you can quickly see the 7 most popular articles of the week. This week: kids and strength training, how CrossFit can cure a breakup, the benefits of anaerobic training, and more!
1. Strength Training is Better Than Soccer For Kids (Jeff Barnett)
Researchers took a look at the benefits of strength training in 11-12 year-olds and the impact was astounding. No longer considered dangerous, weight training can be highly beneficial for kids.
2. Why CrossFit Is Exactly What You Need to Get Over a Bad Break-Up (Lacy Shannon)
Valentine's Day has passed and you're still sitting there single and eating clearance chocolates. Here's a better way to get over being single: Join a CrossFit gym - join a community and get fit.
3. The Next Generation of CrossFit: Meet Wonder Kids Kanon and Isaac (Hannah Caldas)
Meet Kanon Kayyem and Isaac Carrillo, two of the next CrossFit generation. It has not only taught them about community and nutrition, but enables them to do things like 100+ burpees in 10 min.
4. 5 Benefits of Proper Programming: Is Your Coach Up to Par? (Katie Chasey)
What is "programming?" Programming, simply stated, is the workouts your trainer gives you. On a deeper level, it's the expertise, science, and passion in your coach transcribed onto paper.
5. Go Anaerobic: What It Is and Why to Do It (Eric C. Stevens)
Anaerobic training. You may have heard the phrase, but do you know what it is and why you should consider doing it? Let's look at this hated, but beneficial training mode.
A good foundation is key, yet as athletes we train on stiff and weak ankles. This article will give you screens to assess your mobility and strategies to improve performance in any sport or activity.
7. 9 Articles to Heal and Restore Your Gut (Breaking Muscle HQ)
Gut health is the foundation for so many other bodily functions. Here are 9 articles to help you restore your gut flora and prevent digestive disturbances that interfere with training and life.