Sunday Seven: The Week's 7 Most Popular Articles, Vol. 56
Every Sunday we post the "Sunday Seven" so you can quickly see the 7 most popular articles of the week. This week's most hottest posts feature tips for your deadlift from featured coach Andy Bolton, stretching advice, the Tabata revolution, Olympic lifting, and more!
1. 5 Tips For a Stronger Deadlift (Andy Bolton)
I've pulled 1,008lbs in competition. Want to know how you can lift heavier, too? Here are my top five tips for better deadlifting, no matter what kind of athlete you are.
2. How to Stretch Like the Professionals (Andrew Read)
The fitness industry is filled with idiots, many of whom conduct confusing studies about stretching. The truth is most people need more of it, but they should do it like real athletes do.
3. The Tabata Revolution Explained: What, Why, and How to Tabata (Flavia Del Monte)
You hear a lot about Tabata intervals. It is an efficient and intense way to exercise aerobically and anaerobically. Do you know where this exercise protocol originated?
4. The BJJ "Beatdown" - When and How to Smash a Newbie (Valerie Worthington)
It occurs when an upper belt “handles” a spazzy newbie, tapping the person repeatedly, imposing control, and otherwise demonstrating to the grappler that s/he is not all that.
5. Why Weightlifting Training Is Best Done in a Group (Bob Takano)
Weightlifting might be an individual sport, but it is best trained for in a group setting. Here are the reasons I believe the most successful lifters came from a real team setting.
6. Understanding the Healing Modalities of ART and NKT (Heidi L. George)
After exploring different healing methods, the two types of therapy I discovered to be most impactful were active release technique (ART) and neurokinetic therapy (NKT).
7. High Protein Diets Results in Better Cholesterol Scores (Doug Dupont)
Science takes a look at two different diets - one low-protein and one high-protein - and discovered the high-protein diet created better blood sugar control and improved cholesterol.