Sunday Seven: The Week's 7 Most Popular Articles, Vol. 57
Every Sunday we post the "Sunday Seven" so you can quickly see the 7 most popular articles of the week. This week: our monthly OpEd, yoga and surviving cancer, posture, the limitations of barbells, gender, the serratus anterior, and more!
1. Monthly OpEd: How to Stop Sucking at Life and Win at Everything (Nick Horton)
We make addiction out to be an unbeatable foe. That's bull. If that was true, then no one would ever kick a drug habit, no one would ever lose weight, and no one would ever overcome anything hard.
2. How Yoga Found Me and Carried Me Through Cancer (Mahala Grant-Grierson)
Yoga found me and gave me breath during the hardest year of my life. I lost everything, but I found yoga and found myself again. Now, I am a teacher so I can give back to others.
3. How You're Sabotaging Your Posture and Your Time in the Gym (Jeff Kuhland)
Most of us pay attention to posture in the gym, but not outside of it. But most of your day is spent outside the gym, so you're actually practicing and refining bad posture all the time.
4. Getting to Know Your Serratus Anterior: Strengthen Your "Wings" (Willow Ryan)
The serratus anterior might not be the most visible of muscles, but it's quite important for our breathing and our movement. Find out how it works and how to strengthen it.
5. Stop Sucking and Train More (Andrew Read)
The reason you’re mired in mediocrity is because you simply aren’t putting in the hours needed to get the result you want. Many people say they’re really committed, but few do the work.
6. An Argument Against the Barbell (Josh Henkin)
Barbells have a much younger history than we've been led to believe. They are also quite limited in design and application, and take up more space and money than is economical.
7. 8 Perspectives on Gender in the Gym (Breaking Muscle HQ)
Gender issues in the gym can be divisive, but it doesn't have to be that way. How can men and women work together, and are there any lessons we can learn from each other?
Photo courtesy of Shutterstock.