Sunday Seven: The Week's 7 Most Popular Articles, Vol. 61
Every Sunday we post the "Sunday Seven" so you can quickly see the 7 most popular articles of the week. This week: weightlifting belts, kids and muscle, five awesome supplements, flexibility, yoga, and meditation!
1. 5 Mistakes You Might Be Making With Your Weightlifting Belt (Chet Morjaria)
We're going to look at how to make the best of a simple but effective training aid - the weightlifting belt. Here's how to use it. Are you using yours properly?
2. 5 Reasons Every Kid Should Grow a Little Muscle (Nicole Crawford)
Studies have explored the benefits of strength training for kids, but what makes a child want to be strong? I decided to ask my four-year-old that question, and here's what she said.
CoQ10, magnesium, phosphatidylserine, vitamin D, and protein - are you taking them? Here's why you need ignore the bad press and start taking these supplements.
4. Use It Or Lose It: The Third Pillar of Fitness - Flexibility (Eric C. Stevens)
As we get older, we naturally lose strength and cardiovascular ability, but we do not have to lose flexibility. And being flexible could actually help you live longer.
5. Science Says Meditation Improves Both Health and Performance (Doug Dupont)
Science took a look at which genes were affected by meditation and discovered it has previously unknown benefits to our ATP and our insulin function.
6. Why Yoga? 5 Ways Yoga and Sports Go Hand in Hand (Julie Rader)
I grew up an athlete first, but my mother's successful battle with cancer brought yoga and meditation into our lives, and changed my path forever.
7. The Truth About Yoga: You Don't Need to be Flexible (Mahala Grant-Grierson)
I can’t tell you how many people tell me they can’t do yoga because they are not flexible, so they don’t try it. So here's the reality of getting started in yoga.
Photo courtesy of CrossFit Impulse.