Tips for Wrist Mobility
Lifters with physical limitations and mobility issues will often find discomfort, pain, and soreness in the wrist area during and after a lifting session. A limitation, imbalance, or injury in the wrist can impact an athlete’s ability to execute a lift properly and could result in father damage. The movements of the wrist include abduction, adduction, flexion, and extension. The wrist joint area can be complex in nature and soreness and injury may be also due to other conditions; carpal tunnel syndrome or arthritis.
- Find an experienced coach or mentor.
- Fine Tune your technique and form.
- Warm up with a pvc and then barbell each time before you lift.
- Work with less volume in your programming.
- Regular yoga and mobility sessions.
- Ice affected areas generously as needed.
- Rest when needed.
- If the issue persists over time see a medical professional.