Clean Eating Challenge: 2 Weeks To a Tighter Trunk
The following is a guest post from Jeremy Scott of jeremyscottfitness.com:
We all wants six-pack abs and we want them fast. This isn’t actually going to be a blueprint to get them in just two weeks. What this outline will do, however, is kick your journey to a tighter midsection into hyper drive. This is no magic trick, but if you are willing to tough it out and eat and train as prescribed below, you can drop an inch off your midsection in just two short weeks.
The first step - be honest with yourself about your eating habits. It will not matter how much you workout if your nutritional plan is not followed correctly. Working out more and having a little cheat here and there will only end up with you being frustrated and exhausted. Here is the breakdown: One hundred percent nutrition and one hundred percent commitment to it. The basics are below. Let’s get right into it.
For the next two weeks days you will be carb cycling your food intake on a very simple three-day pattern. For those of you who don’t know, carb cycling is great for fat burning and jumpstarting your metabolism. I strongly encourage you to integrate it into your life if you haven’t already.
The simple pattern to follow is: no carb – low carb – medium carb. You should base your total intake on your own personal bodyweight, goals, and training schedule.
- Day 1 - No Carb: Protein, Veggies and Fats
- Day 2 - Low Carb: Protein, Veggies and Fats
- Day 3 - Medium Carb: Veggies, Protein, Fruits, Fats, Beans/Legumes
- After Day 3 – Repeat Day 1 again.
For the next two weeks your eating focus will be on quality lean protein, healthy fats, and getting in as many veggies as possible. Typically, the greener the veggies the better. If you have no idea what a meal like this would like below is a sample of a no carb breakfast that tastes great in my opinion.
Simple No Carb Breakfast:
- 4 whole eggs - Please eat the yolks. Trust me the fat will work with you.
- Spinach, tomatoes, bell peppers, half an avocado, and 2 tsp. natural salsa.
This meal is easy and packed with plenty of protein and healthy fats to start off your day. Below you will find a list of additional foods I would include into your two-week jumpstart to a tighter trunk:
- Eggs - One egg contains 6 grams of high-quality protein and all nine essential amino acids. Eating whole eggs helps build muscle, and the more muscle you have the less fat your body carries. Oh, and before I forget, please eat the yokes as well. Yolks contain one hundred percent of the fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K.
- Fat-Burning Foods - Chicken, beef, pork, bison, turkey, eggs, wild salmon, trout, and sardines (canned is okay, too).
- Asparagus – This vegetable has some amazing natural diuretic properties. To be more specific it has 288 milligrams of potassium per cup. Potassium is known for reducing belly fat.
- Include all these Fluid-Flushing Foods - Celery, cucumber, parsley, and baby spinach.
- Water – It can help you lose weight. Yes, really. Water flushes away the by-products of fat breakdown. Drinking water can also reduce hunger. It’s an effective appetite suppressant so you tend not to eat as much. Drinking filtered water with fresh lemon/orange/cucumber for flavor will help keep the inflow of fluid coming.
- Green Tea - Also, I would suggest drinking as much green tea as you can handle, as it’s great for fat burning as well.
Now, all the important things to avoid for the next two weeks. The basics we all probably know already, but you need to follow these rules:
- No Grains – avoid all flour products this includes bread and wraps.
- No Alcohol – no drinking for the next two weeks.
- No Sweets – candy, chocolate, or other desserts.
- No Dairy – milk, cheese, ice cream, they tend to bloat most people.
- No Sodas – even diet, the fake syrups and sweeteners are all bloating elements.
Just be smart when making your food choices. A simple rule I live my life by is: If it runs, swims, flies, or grows from the ground then eat it. If it comes in a box or a bag leave it alone.
Nutrition is king when it comes to looking your absolute best. Mix these essential nutrition tips with a good strength and conditioning program and watch your waist melt away. But be realistic about what to expect in a few weeks. If you are currently thirty pounds overweight, don’t expect to wake up in two weeks and see a rock-hard six-pack. On the same note if you clean up your diet, it’s not uncommon to lose an entire inch on your waist in just two quick weeks.
Photos courtesy of Shutterstock.