How to Train a Powerful Athlete for Muscle Endurance
The following is a guest post by James FitzGerald of Optimum Performance Training:
At OPT we all agree that in fitness:
- Everyone needs an individualized program.
- We are preparing for unknown pieces in fitness competitions.
- We believe in balancing all aspects, not focusing only on previous tests.
- You have no control over preparation for specific movements, etc.
- Things are not simple when trying to develop all, but we'll be damned if we don't try.
This is a specific training insight based on working with an athlete who competes in fitness, but needs to improve multiple things that deal with stamina, muscle endurance, and bodyweight to endurance ratio. If we all thought that the path to being more fit and getting stronger was just lifting and varied workouts, it would leave someone who is powerful like this on the sidelines. So there are ways to do it "better" with simple principles as explained in the video.
Topic: Strength & Conditioning