Triathlon Workout: Cycle 2 (Olympic Distance) - Week 4, Day 2
Completing a triathlon takes strength, speed, endurance, and flexibility. Triathlon training is balanced, whole-body training. In other sports you may wind up building strength in some areas, while accruing weaknesses in others. Triathletes get body benefits from running, cycling, and swimming, and as a result are lean and fit from head to toe.
After the sprint-distance triathlon, many athletes have their sights set on an Olympic distance event. If that's your goal, then this comprehensive program is for you.
Week 4, Day 2
Workout description:Bike trainer, spin-ups and dominant leg training
In the small chain ring
- 10 seconds high RPM pedaling
- 10 seconds higher RPM pedaling
- 10 seconds max RPM pedaling
- 60 seconds recovery
- 30 seconds left leg pedaling, right leg loafing
- 30 seconds right leg pedaling, left leg loafing
10 minutes easy pedaling