Yoga Sequences, Cycle 2 - Sport Specific Flows: Week 1, Day 1
These workouts are designed by Breaking Muscle founder Mindith Rahmat. Mindith is an RYT 500 Certified Yoga Therapist, certified CrossFit coach, and long time fitness enthusiast with extensive experience in Russian kettlebells and bodyweight exercise.
Welcome to the new Yoga sequence workout. Here you will find different cycles and sequences programmed by an expert yoga teacher. These yoga sequences provide a blueprint or yoga map for teachers and students.
This cycle of the Yoga Sequences workout will focus on Sport Specific yoga sequences. Each sport in this program will have two sequences per week. The short sequences will range between 15- 30 minutes and can be added on to the end of a sport session, workout, or short rest day. The longer sequences, ranging from 75-90 minutes, are great for rest and recovery days and will include a deeper practice with standing poses and seated poses.
The sequences will be posted on Tuesday and Thursday, with a meditation once a week on Sundays.
Week 1, Day 1: Cycling Short Sequence
*5 breaths per pose for this sequence:
Start in a supine position.
Count 10 slow deep breaths with eyes closed to center yourself. Then:
- Knees to chest
- Right knee to chest, then rotate to shoulder open hip
- Thread the Needle on right side: Hold 1-2 minutes
- Knees to chest
- Left knee to chest, then rotate to shoulder open hip
- Thread the Needle on left side: Hold 1-2 minutes
- Happy Baby
- Roll back and forth on spine slow and controlled x5
- Cat/Cow x5
- Downward Dog splits on right
- Downward Dog splits on left
- Yogi Squat to Forward Fold x5
- Standing Forward Fold hold: 1 minute - clasp hands for deeper shoulder opener
- Mountain Pose