Correct These Kettlebell Swing Mistakes for Greater Performance
Kettlebells are some of the most widely used training implements, and the swing is arguably the foundational movement with this tool. When done correctly, the swing is a versatile exercise that trains every part of your body. But it's easy to mess it up in several ways.
To help you perform the swing correctly, Peter Hirsh of Kettlebell Movement explains some of the most common mistakes and how to fix them.
- Swinging the bell too low - Remember that the kettlebell swing is front-to-back rather than up-and-down.
- Squatting too early - Wait until the last possible moment to begin the squatting movement.
- Swinging with your knees - Focus on using your hips and bending your knees without excessive motion.
- Rounding your back - Master the hip hinge and keep your back as straight as possible.
- Pushing your knees out or in -Keep your knees in a straight line from your hip to your ankle.
- Standing with an uneven stance - Make sure both feet are pointing ahead of you in the same direction.
Take the time to review these points and evaluate whether you are making any of these mistakes. Good form will allow you to swing effectively and benefit as much as possible.
Check out these related articles: