Welcome to the first in our three part series, "Yoga For Athletic Guys." In part one we go over the foundational ideas behind yoga and breathing techniques. These are useful techniques for both health and relaxation.
Some key points to remember:
- Stretching should not be painful.
- It's important to stay focused while stretching.
- The key is to learn to relax.
- The word yoga means "union, to join".
The breathing technique, Ujjayi, has two main parts:
- Diaphragmatic breathing
- A whisper sound and quality
Keep building on your practice and watch Yoga For Athletic Guys, Part 2: Upper Body Stretches.