Sunday Seven: The Week's 7 Most Popular Articles, Vol. 81
Every Sunday we post the "Sunday Seven" so you can quickly see the seven most popular articles of the week. This week's most popular posts cover push ups, weightlifting shoes, anatomy, eggs, sports etiquette, running, and corrective exercise!
1. Pimp Your Push Up: 3 Common Mistakes and 5 Challenging Variations (Nick Tumminello)
Push ups - the purest, most powerful tool in your training arsenal. That is, provided you know how to use it! There's doing push ups - and there's doing push ups well.
2. Weightlifting Shoes: Why You Need a Pair, What to Look For, and When to Wear Them (Chet Morjaria)
If I had a pound for every time I’m asked about Olympic weightlifting shoes, well, I’d be able to afford plenty more pairs of shoes. Here's everything you need to know about weightlifting shoes.
3. Why CrossFit Coaches Need Anatomy: Bones, Muscles, and Lifting (Amber Larsen)
It's important that you understand your clients' bodies so you can coach them properly. Here's a quick primer on some basics and how they are relevant to movements.
Eggs have had a tough ride in recent years. However the current evidence shows that for almost everyone eggs are a fantastic source of protein, fat, antioxidants, and vitamins.
5. 10 Things I Hate About You (At the Gym) (Eric C. Stevens)
I’d just as soon some of you not you come to my gym. Between those of you who aren’t friendly and those of you who smell like a vat of cologne, I’ll probably end up with a fairly small gym membership.
6. 5 Running Tips for the Non-Runner (From a Non-Runner) (Becca Borawski)
As a reformed running-hater turned running-lover, these are my top five tips to improve your running, both in the physical sense of being better at it and in the mental sense of enjoying it.
How can you hide corrective exercise within regular training so clients do what they need, rather than just what they want? Here's how.
Photo courtesy of Shutterstock.
Topic: Editor's Picks