Every Sunday we post the “Sunday Seven” so you can quickly see the 7 most popular articles of the week. This week’s top posts include an interview with Dale Buchanan, bartitsu, Turkish get ups, protein intake, and more!
1. Handmade Dreams: Dale Buchanan of Dale’s Raw Foods (Danette “Dizzle” Rivera)
In January of 2011 Dale started Dale’s Raw Foods and began handcrafting his own raw vegan protein bars. Little did he know it would turn into a million dollar business in only 18 months.
2. Bartitsu: The Steampunk Mixed Martial Art (Kendall Giles)
What do Sherlock Holmes, Steampunk, and martial arts have in common? That would be Bartitsu, the eclectic system of martial arts originally developed in England in the years 1898-1902.
3. How to Do the Perfect Get Up (Andrew Read)
One of the 6 basic exercises of the RKC, you’ll also find the get up in CrossFit and other programs. Learn, detail by detail, how to execute a safe, and efficient get up. Includes 2 videos.
4. Put Down That Steak: You’re Eating Too Much Protein (Jeff Barnett)
You’ve heard the recommendation – eat 1-1.5g of protein per pound of body weight to build muscle. All strength athletes know this. But now, new science says that’s too much.
5. What You Need to Know to Choose a Personal Trainer (Jonathan Precel)
Choosing a personal trainer can be daunting. How do you find a good one? Veteran coach Jonathan explains the five qualities a personal trainer needs to have before you trust them with your health.
6. Traumeel: How This Homeopathic Treatment Surprised Me (Andrew Read)
I’m not one for homeopathic treatments, but recently when my sports doctor recommended Traumeel for my calf tear I decided to give it a try. The results are nothing short of miraculous.
7. Friday Flicks: The Floreio Art of Ido Portal (Breaking Muscle HQ)
Ido Portal began studying martial arts as a child. At the age of 15 he discovered Capoeira. This video demonstrates his amazing strength, control, fluidity, and balance. See it to believe it.