Every Sunday we post the “Sunday Seven” so you can quickly see the 7 most popular articles of the week. Hot topics this week include heavy lifting for women, Olympic weightlifting, adaptive athlete Corey Reed, carb cycling, and more!
Women should lift heavy weights. I’m going to tell you 3 reasons why. Also, I’m going to give you a challenge. Lift heavy for 30 days and report back. Are you up for the challenge?
2. Why You Need to Know Your Squat to Clean and Jerk Ratio (Bob Takano)
Do you know how much heavier than your clean and jerk your back squat should be? And do you know why this is important? Let’s look over the numbers so you can check your training plan.
3. Corey Reed: Blind Amputee, Adaptive Athlete, CrossFitter (Danette “Dizzle” Rivera)
Eight years ago a single choice changed Corey Reed’s life forever. He hasn’t let his resulting blindness or amputee status stop him though. He continues to compete in athletics, and to inspire.
4. Calorie and Carb Cycling: Breaking Through Your Diet Plateau (Nate Miyaki)
Cutting calories only works for so long, especially if you’re trying to lose fat but keep muscle. Let’s take a detailed look at carb and calorie cycling plans and how they work.
5. 10 Articles For Olympic Weightlifters (Breaking Muscle HQ)
If you want solid Olympic weightlifting information, you’ve come to the right place. Here are 10 of our best pieces on perfecting your lifts, written by expert athletes and coaches.
6. Taking Swimming to the Outback (Hannah Caldas)
Rachael Verdel saw a community in need in the Northern Territory of Australia. She decided to use swimming to empower the Aboriginal people, and especially their women and children.
7. How to do the Perfect Kettlebell Clean (Andrew Read)
We continue with our series teaching the six basic RKC exercises – this week we move onto one of the more complicated movements, the kettlebell clean. Are you doing it correctly?