Fun, Fitness, and Play with Darryl Edwards, Ep 4
Darryl is a blogger, international speaker, and author of Paleo Fitness: Primal Training and Nutrition to Get Lean, Strong, and Healthy. Darryl developed the primal play methodology to inspire others to make activity truly fun while getting incredibly healthier, fitter, and stronger in the process.
Hit play to learn more about play!
After almost two decades working in investment banking as a computer scientist and increasingly suffering from illness, Darryl transformed his health after adopting an ancestral model to wellbeing by referencing our hunter-gatherer past. Instead of solving computer algorithms, he set about helping to tackle some of the problems that beset many individuals wanting to adopt and maintain a healthy lifestyle amidst chronic lifestyle diseases.
- 00:18 - Introduction to Darryl Edwards
- 00:44 - From the corporate world to the fitness world
- 02:55 - Health markers of a danger zone
- 04:34 - Primal fitness as a gateway to a paleo lifestyle
- 08:45 - Focusing on health
- 10:09 - From the aesthetic to the functional
- 11:27 - What fun and play mean and why they are important
- 15:16 - A more liberating approach to fitness
- 17:17 - Getting people off the couch and moving instead
- 19:37 - Getting kids moving well, playing, and creating good habits
- 22:53 - The meaning of play for adults
- 25:46 - A typical training session
- 28:07 - The definitions of health and fitness
- 31:00 - Child versus adult mentality
- 34:00 - The future of fitness: dystopian and utopian
- 37:51 - Fulfilling and discovering fitness potential
- 39:36 - Short questions related to exercise and movement
- 49:02 - Darryl's details and upcoming projects
Darryl now devotes his time to helping others improve their ability to perform everyday, recreational and extraordinary tasks by eating and moving the way nature intended. Darryl Edwards is the author of Paleo Fitness published by Ulysses Press. He can be found on his website, on Facebook, or on Twitter.