Get the Rhythm in Your Bones for Safer Squats
Young, Dumb, and Injured
The Guard on Duty
The Bad Old Days of the Squat
What Is Bone Rhythm?
Experiment With Bone Rhythm
- The movement becomes smoother. It’s like the brakes have been taken off, and you slide into the bottom position versus grind to it.
- Your range of motion will almost immediately improve.
I was working with an intern the other day, and he couldn’t hit an ass-to-grass squat without his heels coming off the ground. In ninety seconds, I explained bone rhythm to him, showed him what I wanted, and asked him to try it. The very next rep, he hit bottom and his heels were firmly planted on the ground.
- It Starts With the Squat: Using Orthoses to Correct Position
- Video: How to Anchor Your Feet for a Monumental Squat
- The Lowest Man Wins: 7 Keys to Hip Power and Mobility
- New on Breaking Muscle Today