Find Your Inner Athlete: 12 Weeks of Beginner Workouts
The Beginner Workout focuses on cultivating an athletic lifestyle by building the foundation for overall strength, conditioning, and flexibility. This workout will guide you through two workouts per week, with a third day called the "Athletic Exploration Day." This day is a special time for you to explore different fitness disciplines, have fun, and try something new in your personal fitness journey.
This beginner workout cycle focuses on the basics of a successful fitness program. The workouts are designed to help you get stronger and move better.
Journey into a renewed healthy lifestyle as you develop a new fitness routine, regain your body confidence, and have fun. You will need a kettlebell and/or dumbbell set, yoga mat, great music, and a smile to complete this programming.
Enjoy your athletic journey. Smile and get to it!
- 30-45 minute walk outside
- 25 Walking lunges
- 25 Air squats
- Elbow plank: 20 seconds (sec) - Repeat 3 times
- 10 Push ups
- Downward Dog (pictured below): 30sec
- Pigeon Right Leg (pictured below): 30sec
- Downward Dog: 30sec
- Pigeon Left Leg: 30sec
Walk 5 mins
Jog 1-2 mins
- 25 Jumping Jacks
- 25 Suhaila Squats
- 6 Turkish Get Ups (unweighted), alternating right (R) and left (L) side
- Extended Arm Plank Hold 20 secs 3x
- Hands Clasp Over Head - Stretch right, left, front, and back
- Hands Clasp Over Head - Circle clockwise and counterclockwise
- Forward Fold (pictured below) 30 secs
- Frog Squat (Malasana - pictured below) 30 secs
- Forward Fold 30 secs
- Straddle Stretch Forward (pictured below)30 secs
- Straddle Stretch R Side (pictured below) 30 secs
- Straddle Stretch L Side (pictured below) 30 secs
- Straddle Stretch Forward 30 secs
Day 3 of each week will be your athletic exploration day. I want you to try different classes in your local area. Some classes you will enjoy and others you will choose to not attend again, but it is important to try new things when creating your personalized athletic lifestyle. Have fun in this exploration. Find what makes you happy when exercising.
Find a Beginners Vinyasa Yoga class to attend.
Click here to look for Yoga Alliance Certified Teachers in your area.
Click on the number below that corresponds to the week of training you're in.