Yoga Sequences, Cycle 4 - Ready to Sweat Yoga Workouts, Week 3, Day 3
Ready to sweat yoga workouts are rigorous yoga classes that will have you moving, getting stronger, and sweating. The yoga workouts will incorporate kettlebells, yoga, and much more. Day One will be a full workout with a full yoga class. Day Two will be a full workout with a shorter yoga class. Day Three will be a rest day with meditation.
Equipment needed: Kettlebell, pull up bar, and yoga mat
Hold all yoga poses for 5 breaths unless otherwise indicated.
Female Kettlebell Guidelines
- Beginner: 12kg for Heavy Swing and 8kg for 1-arm Swing
- Intermediate: 16kg or 20kg for Heavy Swing, 12kg for 1-arm Swing
- Elite/Advanced: 24kg, 28kg, or 32kg for Heavy Swing and 16kg for 1-arm Swing
Week 3, Day 3
“For an athlete to function properly, he must be intent. There has to be a definite purpose and goal if you are to progress. If you are not intent about what you are doing, you aren't able to resist the temptation to do something else that might be more fun at the moment.”
Meditation on Service to Others
"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth".
Find a comfortable seated pose and begin a deep breathing practice.
Take a few moments to ask yourself the following questions.
- How are you using your life today to serve others?
- What is the attitude with which you offer your service?
- What is the intention behind your service?
- Do you expect a reward or return on your service?
- How can you use your life to serve others?
Stay here with these thoughts for the remainder of the meditation practice. Allow your thoughts to flow freely or simply listen to your breath.
Topic: Awake & Evolve Yoga