Beginner Workout: Cycle 1, Week 2, Day 2
The Beginner Workout focuses on cultivating an athletic lifestyle by building the foundation for overall strength, conditioning, and flexibility. This workout will guide you through two workouts per week, with a third day called the "Athletic Exploration Day." This day is a special time for you to explore different fitness disciplines, have fun, and try something new in your personal fitness journey.
The first cycle of the beginner workout will focus on the basics of a successful fitness program. The workouts are designed to help you get stronger and move better. Journey into a renewed healthy lifestyle as you develop a new fitness routine, regain your body confidence, and have fun. You will need a kettlebell and/or dumbbell set, yoga mat, great music, and a smile to complete this programming.
Enjoy your athletic journey. Smile and get to it!
Week 2, Day 2
Walk Outside: Fast Pace 10-20 mins (Repeat 1x)
100 yard jog/run at 40% of ability
Walk back to starting position with hands clasped over head
Repeat 3 times:
- 10 Air Squats
- 10 Jiu jitsu Sit Ups
- 10 Wide Arm Push Ups
- 3x Elbow Plank to Extended Arm Plank (Hold each level for 5-10 secs)
- Runners Lunge R Leg 30 secs
- Runners Lunge R Leg - Holding L Leg with R Hand 30 secs
- Runners Lunge L Leg 30 secs
- Runners Lunge L Leg - Holding R Leg with L Hand 30 Secs
- Frog Squat (Malasana) (pictured below) - Hold 30 secs
- Forward Fold (pictured below) 30 secs
- Tadasana 30 secs