Bodyweight Workout: Cycle 7, Week 12, Day 1
These workouts are designed by Breaking Muscle founder Mindith Rahmat. Mindith is an RYT 500 Certified Yoga Therapist, certified CrossFit coach, and long time fitness enthusiast with extensive experience in Russian kettlebells and bodyweight exercise.
This cycle of the bodyweight workout will focus on holds, strength, and flexibility using arm balances, inversions, and deep flexibility work. You will be able to measure your progress with three attempts at a baseline test in weeks 1, 6, and 12.
You will need two blocks or paralettes, a ruler or tape measure, a stopwatch, a wall space and a yoga strap or belt.
Week 6, Day 3
Bodyweight Workout Baseline Test Attempt 3
You will need a stopwatch, tape measure, wall space and possibly a partner for this test.
Warm up as needed.
- Max Strict Pull Ups in 1 minute (record number of pull ups)
- Max L Sit/ Max Tuck (record max hold times)
- Max Strict Push Ups in 1 minute (record number of push ups)
- Max Bodyweight Squats in 2 minutes (record number of squats)
- Max Sit Ups in 2 minutes (record number of sit ups ** feet must be anchored)
- Max Handstand Hold (record max hold time)
- Splits (record depth of right and left side split)
- Seated Forward Bend Sit and Reach (touch toes and beyond record measurement) Center Split (record depth of split)
**Enter your score in the comments section - you will have three attempts to test these skills in this 12 week cycle.