Healthy, Easy, and Delicious: Meat and Two Veg Burgers
Word on the street is that vegetables are good for you. Of course they are. But are you eating enough? At Fitter Food, we're always coming up with innovative ways to add more vegetables to your diet, and one of the tastiest is to whack them into a meat-based burger.
This recipe packs a huge protein hit and has the added bonus of extra micronutrients from the vegetables. They're quick and easy to put together and make a tasty portable snack or meal. We batch-cook a tray and keep leftovers for lunches and snacks, or freeze them for a quick ready meal later.
Meat and Two Veg Burgers
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
Yield: 8 burgers
- 500g beef or lamb mince
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 100g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Large handful of spinach, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2-3 tsp mustard powder
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- Himalayan pink salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Combine all the ingredients together thoroughly using your hands in a large mixing bowl.
- Shape into 8 burger patties, lay on a grill tray and place in the oven to cook for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve in a lettuce wrap, topped with bacon if desired.
- Add a side of chunky sweet potato chips and sliced avocado.
Our latest book has a heap of creative burger combinations - at Fitter Food we firmly believe that daily eating should should be healthy, quick and easy to cook, and taste delicious.
More Like This:
- Supercharged Snacking: Gluten-Free Mexican Scotch Eggs
- Salads For Athletes: 4 Recipes to Boost Your Nutrient Intake
- Lean and Tasty Homemade Burgers (Without the Fillers)
- New on Breaking Muscle UK
Photo courtesy of Fitter Food.