12 Reps with Terrance Gant, Football and Strength & Conditioning Coach
EDITOR'S NOTE: Welcome to 12 Reps - in each appearance of 12 Reps, our coaches, writers, and occasional guests will be answering the same twelve questions each time. Go "into the locker-room" with them and get to know our coaches and writers a little bit better!
12 Reps with Football and Strength & Conditioning Coach Terrance Gant
Kenny Gammage. He taught me that hard work pays off in time and that laziness pays off now.
2. Who is the coach you most admire?
3. If you could have a superhero power, what would it be?
The ability to fly.
4. What athlete, dead or alive, would you most like to talk with?
5. When did you know that coaching was your calling?
Around 2005. My son played football and I thought to myself, “I can do better than that.”
6. What is the best and hardest part about being a coach?
The best is watching kids succeed, not only on the field but also in life. The hardest would be the kids who do fall through the cracks.
7. What is your favorite physical activity or exercise?
Thrusters. The strength required and metabolic stress is unmatched in any other exercise.
8. What is your favorite "cheat" food?
Becoming a high school coordinator after one year of coaching high school.
10. What do you bring to your students/clients that is different than other coaches and programs?
My passion and enthusiasm. I jump in and lift and do conditioning with the kids.
11. What is your favorite quote?
"If it is to be, it is up to me."
12. What was/is your favorite sport and why?
Football. I played it and now I coach it. I love the game.
Click here to do the Sport Specific: Football workouts.
If you missed any editions of 12 Reps, be sure to check out our archives. You never know who we might talk to and what might get said!