Sunday Seven: The Week's 7 Most Popular Articles, Vol. 3
Every Sunday we post the Sunday Seven - a recap of the week's seven most popular articles, so you don't miss out on ANYTHING. This week's articles cover the topics of squats, abs, speed training, CrossFit, mature athletes, and even the Highland Games.
1. The 21-Day Squat Challenge (Nick Horton)
Want to be able to squat more? Take the 21-Day Squat Challenge. Squat every day for 3 weeks, as described in this article and report back with your results!
2. You Cannot Crunch Your Way to Abs: Science Says So (Tom Kelso)
What's the best way to lose abdominal fat? Science shows us it is NOT doing ab exercises or buying late-night gizmos off the TV. Read on to find out what the recent research discovered.
3. Performing Interval Run Workouts: A Step by Step Guide (Lucy Smith)
Lucy Smith, 19-time Canadian Champion and 2-time World Championship Silver Medalist, takes us step-by-step through how to have a successful speed training workout and improve our running.
4. Warrior Princesses and World Records at the Arizona Highland Games (Nicole Crawford)
We live in Phoenix, where the annual Highland Athletics Women’s World Championships are held every year in early spring. It’s amazing to see these women in action - both in sport and dance.
5. It’s In the Practice - Trudging Forward in the Wake of the CrossFit Open (Danette Rivera)
I didn’t feel deflated after the Open like I thought I would. With every step I take up the ladder of my own potential, the day-to-day work finds more purpose. Here’s how I’m moving forward.
6. Guys Like Me: 4 Keys to Fitness for Mature Athletes (Andrew Read)
Getting older doesn't mean you have to stop training, or even that you have to stop training hard, but it does mean you need to start training smarter.
7. Athlete Journal: Travis Holley 4/4/12 (Travis Holley)
The first Athlete Journal entry from Travis Holley of CrossFit Central and Strictly Strength. Travis shares with us why he is so passionate about fitness and how simple it can really be.