Sunday Seven: The Week's 7 Most Popular Articles, Vol. 70
Every Sunday we post the "Sunday Seven" so you can quickly see the 7 most popular articles of the week. This week's most popular posts cover longevity, mental toughness, yoga, CrossFit, core training, genetics, and coaching!
The best way to develop toughness is to realize it’s not an overnight process. Learning to embrace the suck when everything in your body is screaming to slow down is not a quick skill to learn.
3. Why I Don't Teach Yoga to Athletes (Bethany Eanes)
A year ago, I made the mistake of joining the team at a CrossFit gym and teaching yoga to athletes. I should have been teaching yoga for athletes. There is a big distinction.
4. 5 Exercises You Are Not Doing That Could Improve Your CrossFit (Justin Grinnell)
While any well-developed CrossFit program does cover a lot of ground, there are a few exercises I feel that CF folks would benefit from that I very rarely see these in a CrossFit program.
5. Everything Is a Plank (If You're Doing It Right, That Is) (Andrew Read)
When it comes to ab work I start with the plank. People ask why we start here and the answer is simple - because it teaches you how to find and keep neutral spine and the correct bracing sequence.
6. The Female Form: Embrace Your Genetics and Find Beauty in Being Unique (Amber Larsen)
On average, most women will have about thirteen negative thoughts about their appearance per day. I know it can be difficult to stop the negative self talk, but it's time to embrace yourself.
7. Just Don't Annoy Me: How to Coach a Good Group Exercise Class (Becca Borawski)
So how do you tell the legit instructors from the group-ex charlatans? How do you become excellent at coaching a group? Here are seven things to avoid and seven things you should be doing.
Photo provided by CrossFit LA.