Human Flag Tutorial (Video)
Welcome to our new series featuring calisthenics expert Al Kavaldo. This week, Al demonstrates the human flag. The human flag not only looks impressive, but is a serious feat of strength and ability. Many assume it's an issue of upper body strength, but there is much more to master. Here are some tips:
- Use a mixed grip, overhand at the top
- Practice a vertical flag first
- Once you have got the hang of this, lower yourself down to horizontal
- A split-legged flag is a good progression to the horizontal version
- A more advanced variation is to press up into horizontal from the bottom
Be patient with this movement. A human flag takes a lot of practice!
Every Sunday, we feature a new bodyweight strength training video from calisthenics expert Al Kavadlo. Al is also famous for smiling while performing some of the most difficult bodyweight exercises imaginable!