Cats and Dogs to Balance Shoulders and Hips - Say What?
The intention of "cats and dogs" is to get the shoulders and hips to move together in a coordinated fashion to move the spine through a full range of motion. Cats and dogs will work all of the posture muscles that support the spine, and it just feels great!
Keep in mind a few things when doing this exercise:
- Make sure your wrists are directly under your shoulders and your knees are directly under your hips.
- Keep the movement smooth while maintaining that good base.
- The tops of your feet should be flat on the floor behind you. Make sure that you are not on your toes and the space between your flattened feet to the floor is equal on both sides.
Some things to avoid:
- Don't bend your elbows but instead keep them in a locked out position.
- Make sure that you aren't moving foward and backward. It is only an up and down motion.
- Avoid pausing during the range of motion movement.
You'll also enjoy:
- Release Your Tight Back and Hips with 4 Mobility Exercises
- Get to the Source of Your Back Pain By Stretching Your Hamstrings
- New On Breaking Muscle Today
Photos courtesy of Shutterstock.