In this video, Ben demonstrates how to make and use vertical pull up bars. These are inspired by Ultimate Ninja Warrior.Here's how you build them (you will need a hacksaw and power drill):
- Get around eight feet of PVC pipe from the hardware store (this will make four bars).
- Cut the pipe down into four separate twenty-inch legs.
- Drill two holes about an inch and half from the end.
- Thread a length of strong rope through the holes.
- Tie a climber's figure-eight knot in the rope.
- Hang them from anywhere that will support the load.
Once you've built them, try these movements out:
Let us know how you get on with these!
Every Sunday we feature a new bodyweight exercise video from physical therapist Ben Musholt, author of the Mad Skills Exercise Encyclopedia. Ben's diverse movement background spans board sports, martial arts, parkour, and gymnastics. Get watching and get moving!