These exclusive workouts are written by strength coach and kettlebell expert Mike Mahler. Mike has over ten years of experience in the fitness industry and has trained with some of the best, including Pavel Tsatsouline and Mark Philippi. Get stronger and improve your conditioning by either following the whole four-week cycle or jumping in whenever you can.
To learn more about Mike, read our feature interview:
Week 1, Day 1
- Explosive Pushups 1×5: Launch off the floor as high as you can on each rep. Great exercise to do at the beginning of a workout to get your nervous system ready.
- Alternating Renegade Row 1×8 per side: Hold the top position for 1 second on each rep and avoid excessive rotation.
- Double Kettlebell Lockout Press 1×6 each side: Lock out one bell and complete six reps with the other arm. Switch sides and repeat.
- Low Position Lunges 1×12 per side: Stay low and walk across the room for a total of 12 steps each side. Great quad exercise that I picked up from strength coach Mark Philippi.
- Double Kettlebell Swing 1×12: Swing the bells outside the feet to chest level.
- Pull-ups 1×7: Hold top position for 1 second on each rep. Pull from a dead hang.
- Hindu Squat 1×25
- Hanging Leg raise 1×8: 2 second negative on each rep.
Take 45 second breaks in between each set and one-minute breaks at the end of each workout.