Ramp Up Your Warm Up: Prepare With Purpose
Stage 1: Answer Why
Scenario 1: You walk into the gym feeling exhausted and sore. You take the time to sit down and review your goals. You’re here right now because of one thing - you want to win. Having that in front of your eyes brings a completely different energy level and focus to your training. It is the small difference that makes a big difference.
Scenario 2: You walk into the gym feeling exhausted and sore. You put on your trainers, spend a few minutes on the rower, and mindlessly go through your dynamic stretches and mobility in an attempt to feel better. Then you jump right into it.
- Which training session do you think will be more beneficial to you as an athlete?
- Which training session is going to have more focus and intensity?
Stage 2: Answer What
Stage 3: Perform a General Warm up
"If you approach your warm up with a purpose, your training day will reach a completely different level. Structuring a warm up is important for developing this purpose."
Stage 4: Stretch and Mobilize
Stage 5: Work on a Specific Warm Up
How to Develop a Warm Up Habit
- Warming Up: Is it Beneficial to Include Functional Core Exercises?
- Winter Is Coming: Time to Up Your Warm Up Game
- Warm Up to Lift Big: A Movement Prep Blueprint for Strength
- New on Breaking Muscle Today