This week’s recipe is amazing for a post-workout protein hit. The mackerel, olive oil, spices, and cruciferous vegetables in the form of cauliflower mash offer a winning combination of anti-inflammatory nutrients, healthy fats, and antioxidants.
It’s easy to knock together in just 30 minutes and tastes quite simply awesome.
Lemon and Cumin Mackerel With Moroccan Mash
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 4 mackerel fillets
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of Ras el Hanout spice blend
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Place the mackerel fillets in an oven dish and top each one with a squeeze of lemon juice and a sprinkle of cumin and black pepper.
- Place the mackerel in the oven and bake for around 20 minutes.
- Whilst the mackerel is cooking, steam or boil the cauliflower until soft.
- Mash with the olive oil, garlic, and Ras el Hanout.
- Place the mash in the oven until the mackerel is cooked and serve.
More Like This:
- Kilner Jar Noodles: Convenient Carbs for Athletes
- Healthy, Easy, and Delicious: Meat and Two Veg Burgers
- Mash for GAINZ: 4 Recipes to Get a Head Start on Meal Prep
- New on Breaking Muscle UK
Photo courtesy of Fitter Food.