You can get a great core workout without ever doing a sit-up or crunch. Many people hate crunches and even more find that they aggravate their lower back or neck. Follow along as I take you through a full-body workout with a heavy core emphasis.
I’ve crafted this 3-phase workout around movements and positions that demand strong core engagement. You will need to stabilize through uneven loading and unilateral movements. This places a heavy demand on your core. Follow along for a quick, full-body workout that you can do from anywhere that is sure to get your core working.
- Floor space – enough to bear crawl, if not march in place
- Double KB – for front rack, press, row
Time Needed: 25 – 30 min depending on rest and warm up
Phase 1 (5 min)
- 10 prone plank march (5/arm)
- 10 side plank lift each side
Phase 2 (10 min)
- 20 bear crawl steps (10 forward, 10 back)
- 10 hollow body rocks
- 10 KB good mornings
Phase 3 (10 min)
- 16 double KB front rack reverse lunge (8/side)
- 16 alternating KB press (8/arm)
- 16 alternating bent row (8/arm)