Eagle Pose Focus
Standing in mountain pose, begin to shift your weight onto the left leg.
Cross the right leg up and over your left leg. If you have the flexibility try to hook the right foot around the left calf.
Stretch the the arms out to the sides and cross the left arm over the right and bring the palms to touch. Try to lift the elbows gently, keeping the shoulders relaxed and gliding down the back.
Stay in the pose for 10-15 deep breaths.
Repeat on the other side. Move through this pose 2 cycles on each side.
**Yogi’s Tip: Use a block or wall space if you have an issue with balance or flexibility.
Benefits of Eagle Pose
- Increases joint mobility and flexibility in the hips, ankles, knees, shoulders, elbows, and wrists.
- Improves function of the lymphatic system.
- Builds balance, focus, and concentration.
- Improves circulation to the extremities and stimulates blood to the heart.
- Flushes out kidneys. eliminates stagnation, and stimulates blood to the reproductive organs.
- Relieves tension in neck, shoulders, and back.