Welcome to the new Yoga sequence workout. Here you will find different cycles and sequences programmed by an expert yoga teacher. These yoga sequences provide a blueprint or yoga map for teachers and students.
This is the basic framework we will be looking at in the sequencing cylces.
- Short Vinyasa Flow: 20-45 Minutes
- Long Vinyasa Flow: 60 -90 Minutes
- Short Yin Flow: 20-45 Minutes
- Long Yin Flow: 60-90 Minutes
Here is an example of a 90 minute Vinyasa Flow class sequence you might find:
5-10 minutes of clearing the mind and prepping the body for practice – this can include breathing practices and some opening poses or light movements with breath. The focus during this time is fully clear the space of distractions and enter the present moment.
10-15 minutes of warming postures
30+ minutes of sun salutations, standing poses, balance poses and energizing pose sequences
20-30 minutes for hip openers, skill work, and fine tuning poses
10-15 minutes for inversions, backbends, and twists
10 minutes or more of savasana.
The sequences will be posted on Tuesday and Thursday, with a meditation once a week on Sundays.
Week 1, Day 2: Balance Flow (Short Flow)
The most important pieces of equipment you need for doing yoga are your body and your mind. ~ Rodney Yee
Flow through the following postures, using your breath to guide and support you throughout your practice:
- Mountain Pose
- Sun Salutations: 5 Rounds
- Downward Dog: 10 Breaths
- Vinyasa to Warrior 1 to Warrior 2 to Warrior 3 (right and left side): 5 Rounds, 5 breaths per pose
- Tree Pose (right and left): 5 Breaths
- Dancers Pose (right and left): 5 Breaths
- Eagle Pose (right and left): 5 Breaths
- Mountain Pose