Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
- 10-12 roma tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 4 cups winter squash, peeled, seeded, and roughly chopped
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 cups full-fat coconut milk
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 fresh squeezed lemon
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk for garnish
- Several sprigs basil for garnish, if desired
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the tomatoes cut side up on a baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt (both sides).
- Place the squash on another baking sheet, drizzle with oil, and sprinkle with salt. Rub oil over all sides of the squash.
- Roast the tomatoes and squash for 30 minutes, flipping the squash halfway through. The tomatoes should be shriveling but not bursting, and the squash should look nicely browned.
- Add all ingredients except coconut milk to the pot and cook for 30 minutes.
- Add 1/2 of the coconut milk and use a hand immersion blender to cream the soup.
- Garnish with the remainder of the coconut milk and basil if desired.
More comfort fuel: