Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 box of gluten free pasta
- 2 tsp of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp pink salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 jar organic pasta sauce
- 2 lbs ground buffalo
- 1 container of cottage cheese (24 ounces)
- 3 eggs at room temperature, beaten
- 2 Tbsp finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups of mozzarella cheese, grated
- Cook pasta according to package.
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat the olive oil and the diced onion, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the minced garlic, and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the garlic is fragrant and the onion is softened and translucent.
- Add buffalo and cook until browned.
- In a separate small bowl, place the cottage cheese, egg and parmesan cheese, and spices. Set the mixture aside.
- In the 12-inch skillet, add in al dente noodles and cottage cheese mixture, and ⅓ of the grated mozzarella cheese.
- Cover the skillet and bring to a simmer over low to medium heat.
- Top with remaining cheese.
More protein meals to fuel your performance: