Generally I don’t care much for sweets, but I do have a sweet tooth for chocolate. Since I don’t like overly sweetened or manufactured desserts, I have to stick with dark chocolate. Recently, I got to try JoJo’s Chocolate Bark, and I have found my sweet snack ideal.
The Perfect Ingredient List
The people at JoJo’s are clearly chocolate fans, but they also love athletics and good health practices. They feel there’s a better way to eat chocolate, and their focus is on low sugar content and high quality. They claim the quality shouldn’t hurt the flavor, and I agree completely.
Here are several ingredients you’ll find in JoJo’s Chocolate Bark:
- 70% Dark Chocolate: In reasonable amounts, dark chocolate has strong antioxidant properties and doesn’t have to be high in sugar to taste great.
- Almonds: Full of healthy fats, almonds slow digestion, making the sugars eaten with them healthier for you. Almonds also have other beneficial nutrients like magnesium.
- Pistachios: Pistachios add fiber, nutrients, and a lot of great taste, too.
- Cranberries: These antioxidant and anti-inflammatory berries add some tartness to offset the sweetness.
- Whey Protein: Yes, JoJo’s even has whey protein in it. If you’re going to add some dairy to chocolate for flavor and texture, why not make it protein?
Because of the nuts and chocolate, JoJo’s has about eleven grams of fat per serving. It also contains four grams of protein per serving, which doesn’t seem like a lot, but makes up about fourteen percent of the chocolate by mass. There are also ten grams of carbohydrates, with seven grams from sugar and two grams from fiber. That’s a decent fiber content, and for a delicious sweet treat, seven grams of sugar isn’t bad. With the extra fats and fiber, the sugar trickles into the bloodstream more slowly than it would with most chocolate.
JoJo’s sugar content compared to other popular brands
In Moderation, of Course
Although I can’t say enough good things about this chocolate, it is still chocolate. Yes, it is vastly superior in quality over many of its sugar- and chemical-laden competitors, and yes, it even has some protein powder in it. But let’s not forget what it is: a bar of chocolate. It should be consumed in moderation, which the company understands. The company sells its chocolate in two-week, three-week, and one-month supplies, and all of these plans assume you’re eating about one ounce per day. Just a small amount of JoJo’s is all that even the most hardcore chocoholic will need.
The people at JoJo’s guarantee that if eaten in responsible amounts, their chocolate bark will actually reduce your overall craving for sugar. In fact, they say if it doesn’t, they will give you your money back.
JoJo’s is delicious, and that’s that. The quality of the ingredients comes through in the amazing flavor. If you like real chocolate and want to partake in the healthiest way possible, I highly recommend giving JoJo’s Chocolate Bark a shot.
JoJo’s Chocolate Bark is available for $26.00/14oz, $35.00/21oz, and $43.00/28oz at JoJosChocolate.com.