Every Sunday we post the “Sunday Seven” so you can quickly see the 7 most popular articles of the week. This week’s hot topics – the truth about your pelvic floor, the importance of patience for training, Jack LaLanne, swimming tips, and more!
1. Stop Doing Kegels: Real Pelvic Floor Advice For Women (And Men) (Nicole Crawford)
You can never do too many Kegels, right? Wrong. Katy Bowman of the Restorative Exercise Institute discusses how to really strengthen your pelvic floor – during pregnancy and otherwise.
2. Patience Is A (Training) Virtue (Andrew Read)
Training is like farming. You do all these things today that you can’t see producing a result in the hope of a future payoff. The best muscle you can develop for success? Your patience.
3. Friday Flicks: Jack LaLanne on “The Early Death” (Breaking Muscle HQ)
Do you ever wonder what motivated the great Jack Lalanne to be so passionate about fitness? In this classic TV clip Jack shares the story of the early, and preventable, death of his father.
4. 4 Common Swimming Mistakes and How to Fix Them (Hannah Caldas)
Feeling like your swimming isn’t very efficient? Here are the four most common mistakes I see in beginner/intermediate swimmers, and what you need to practice to create better swimming habits.
5. 3 Important Choices That Will Superpower Your Training (Chris Mello)
Here are 3 choices you can make to supercharge your fitness – hiring a coach, choosing your friends wisely, and making a plan. Sound simple? Well, then why aren’t you doing it already?
6. The 3 Most Horrifying Lies About the Snatch (Nick Horton)
If you want to be a good coach, accept you can’t be a good person. You will lie, you will omit, you will shun the truth. If you don’t, your lifters will fail. Here are three big lies about the snatch.
7. Primal Move Workout #2: Mobility & Crawling (Andrew Read)
Part 2 of our 4 part Primal Move workout video series: this week we continue to test our mobility, but also incorporate some low-level strength movements and begin to practice crawling.