Every Sunday we post the “Sunday Seven” so you can quickly see the 7 most popular articles of the week. This week’s hot posts feature 12 Reps with Greg Everett, training tips, gymnastics, the minimum effective dose, and more!
1. Virtuosity With Dusty Hyland – Gymnastics, Vol. 1: Grip (Dusty Hyland)
Welcome to our new video series, Virtuosity, featuring gymnastics expert Coach Dusty Hyland. Today’s video is the first in a series that will build you up to the coveted muscle-up.
2. 12 Reps With Greg Everett, Olympic Weightlifting Coach (Breaking Muscle HQ)
“You either lifted the weight or you didn’t.” Find out the reasons why coach Greg Everett loves weightlifting, and other fun things like, what is his favorite cheat food?
Tim Ferriss suggests that you can lose weight by doing 80 seconds worth of exercise. Really? I gave it a shot and had my clients try it, too. Turns out it’s true!
4. 7 Reasons Doing a Challenge Makes My Life Better (Danette “Dizzle” Rivera)
You’ve probably heard of various health and nutrition challenges out there, but have you ever done one? Let me tell you the seven reasons why doing a challenge has benefited me.
As a trainer you don’t have to be a PhD, but it IS useful to have a working knowledge of the energy systems of the body and how they can be manipulated when designing training programs.
6. 20 Most Important Training Lessons I’ve Learned, Part 2 (Andrew Read)
Your 40s are not the time to decide you’re going to be a pro MMA fighter. This is one of the lessons I’ve learned in 20 years of training. Read on for lessons 11 through 20.
7. The Athlete’s Paradox: Feeling Bad to Feel Good (Valerie Worthington)
I want to feel good about my training, but I inherently need to be dissatisfied with my current level in order to strive to get better. This journey often weighs on me when I am training.